4 Week Online Writing Class: January 12 – February 5
WHAT IS THIS CLASS?
A 4 week online writing course designed to get you paid to write.
WHY TAKE MY CLASS?
Because for over 20 years I’ve made my living by writing as a weekly columnist for Good Housekeeping. I edit about one movie script/month. I wrote for three years for the national parenting website, BabyCenter. I have also written numerous television shows, produced copy for radio and newspaper, and moonlighted as an editor for many writers’ national magazine and newspaper features.
I currently contribute once/week to the Tourette Syndrome Association of New Jersey. I write 3 times/week for my own blog at Happily Ticked Off. I also just completed my first book which I’m pitching to agents. If they don’t bite, I’ll self-publish. I’ll let you know why so you can learn about the process. (But a little literary agent birdie tells me there’s a good shot!)
I will give you a real world approach (such as talking you through my own personal pitching so you can see my process from start to finish). I will put you in touch with real world editors who will drop into the forum to give insight and answer questions.
* Personal goal setting: Do you want to write magazines? TV? Blogs? Newspaper? You will receive an overview of all of them.
* How to query: Do you want to write magazines? TV? Blogs? Newspaper? You will receive an overview of all of them.
I will personally edit each one of them. (And send you a prize for being class pet. Who wants a used Cusinart! Okay, kidding. Kind of.)
The class members will also provide feedback. This give and take is invaluable for every student to see what works, what does not, and how to get over the hump of worrying about putting your stuff out there.
* How to get advertisers/revenue: This is important for those of you who want to make money off your personal blogs. I will guide you toward the best sites as well as teach you how to approach corporations in doing product and entertainment reviews, ultimately gaining you swag and recognition in the virtual world.
* How to make connections that will land you work: All the talent in the world will not make you a paid writer. But knowing how to network will. With the computer, you can avoid cold calling and snail mail. I’ll show you the best places to make contact.
* Talking to working writers and editors: These professionals will guest “teach” throughout the course answering some of your questions, maybe even reviewing a query if I think it’s ready.
HOW MANY CAN TAKE THIS CLASS?
It is limited to 10 to maximize personal attention. If I exceed ten I will put you on a waiting list for the next class.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE IT IN PERSON?
This is a private online class for members only. You will get a link and a password ensuring complete confidentiality.
HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE?
As much as you want. To really get something out of it, I suggest five hours/week. But you can in as much as 20 hours. It’s all up to your motivation, desire and time constraints. This is ideal for working folks and parents.
WHAT MAKES THIS CLASS SO SPECIAL?
In addition to format, you will form a support group with nine other people who you can bounce ideas off of long after this class is over.
HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST? $199.00 for 4 weeks. You can pay through the link at the bottom of the page.